Travel Guide to Miri, Sarawak
- Miri Old town is a narrow warren of streets crammed with tiny shops selling a huge variety of goods.
- Opposite the central bus station at Jalan Padang is a colourful native market...Tamu Muhibbah...selling a range of exotic fruits...vegetables...handicrafts and produce from upriver areas.
- Taman Selera...on Brighton beach...is a popular food centre..fresh seafood and ideal location for the watching the sun setting on the horizon....with Miri Marina's unique seahorse lighthouse in the distance.
- Want to know where your meal of fresh fish and seafood come from..head out to the Fish Market on Jalan Bendahara...where you can see the local fishermen landed their catch of the day.
- Next to the fish market is the Tua Pek Kong Temple..dedicated to the deity.
- The award-wining urban park complex...popular with the local for strolling...jogging or just chilling out is the Miri City Fan located at Jalan Kipas roundabout comprised of variety of theme..a Botanical Garden and an Islamic Garden and also a large Amphitheatre where concerts are frequently held.
- Your Miri city sightseeing journey is not complete without visiting the Grand Old Lady the no 1 oil well...located on Canada Hill...a limestone ridge with an excellent view of Miri city and its surrounding areas.
- The Petroleum Museum which is also located nearby provide an excellent history of oil and gas industry in Miri itself and also in Malaysia as a whole.
- You can buy beautifully crafted ethnic arts and crafts at the Miri Handicraft Centre on Jalan Brooke....the Orang Ulu beadworks...woodcravings...the Penans Mats and basketry and also variety of textiles from around Sarawak.
- The Saberkas Weekend Market located at Saberkas Commercial Centre on Pujut-Lutong road open on Friday evening until Saturday has a huge variety of goods on sale...from everyday household items to local handicrafts and jungle produce...as well as dozens of tempting food stalls.
- With its superb red roof...elegant lotus design motif...you cannot miss the San Ching Tian Temple...the largest Taoist temple in Southeast Asia is located on Jalan Krokop 9. It's an impressive and atmospheric place to visit.
- The Sikh Temple which is attractively located in the shade of a 100-year old angsana tree at Jalan Kubu is one of the two in Sarawak is also worth the visit.
- The Taman Awam Miri located at Jalan Miri-Bintulu is a huge family park with children playground...botanical garden...jogging trails and an observation platform accessible by a wooden walkway.
- Hawaii Beach is about 20 minute drive from Miri City, located at Kampong Bakam.
- The Miri Crocodile Farm located at Kuala Baram, 24km from Miri City.
- The Luak Bay Esplanade Bay, 11km south of Miri City.
- The Gunung Mulu National Park.
- Niah National Park and Archaeology Museum
- Lambir Hill National Park
- Loagan Bunut National Park
- Dynasty Hotel at Jalan Pujut-Lutong
- Grand Palace Hotel at Block 7, MCLD 2km. Jalan Miri-Pujut.
- Imperial Hotel at Jalan Pos, adjacent to Imperial Shopping Mall
- Mega Hotel at Jalan Merbau
- Miri Marriott Resort & Spa and also ParkCity Everly Hotel located at Jalan Temenggong Datuk Oyong Lawai
- Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club located at Block 17, Jalan Miri By Pass.
Continue reading at: Travel Guide to Miri, Sarawak