DO you wish to know more about the beauty, heritage and uniqueness of Santubong? Do you care about Santubong? Do you want to have a part in ensuring that Santubong is well-taken care of? Do you wish to have a fun-filled weekend?
If you answer “Yes” to one of these questions, then make a beeline to the coming Santubong Nature Festival.
The two-day festival will take place at Permai Rainforest Resort and Damai Central next Saturday and Sunday (Nov 9-10).
There is something for everyone at the festival. From nature talks to eco-fashion, easy hikes at archaeological sites and adrenaline pumping treasure hunt around Santubong, the festival promises to be a fun-filled and informative weekend for all.
The Malaysian Nature Society Kuching Branch (MNSKB) is co-organising the festival with Permai Rainforest Resort, with support from Friends of Sarawak Museum, Sarawak Heritage Society, Sarawak Museum Department, Damai Central, Sarawak Economic Development Corporation (SEDC), Trienekens (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd and Angkatan Zaman Mansang (Azam).
The objectives of this event are:
- To raise public awareness of the priceless natural and historical – local and global – heritage value of the Santubong Peninsula.
- To advocate for a holistic and integrated approach to development and management of the area safeguarding its unique landscape, biodiversity and historical assets.
- To showcase the tourism and recreational potential of the natural and cultural values of the Santubong Peninsula.
- To stimulate reflection on responsible and sustainable further management of the peninsula and its surroundings.
- To create environmental awareness and value among our public especially our young ones.
Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Join the Santubong Nature Festival.