Monday, February 23, 2015

REVIEW: My stay in Gaya Island Resort


If there is any resort that I’ll gladly return to again and again, it would be the Gaya Island Resort.

YTL portfolio of resorts are truly enchanting.

I have not been to the Cameron Highlands Resort (another of YTL’s properties in Malaysia) but my stays at Pangkor Laut Resort, Majestic Melaka, Tanjong Jara and Majestic KL had left me with great pleasure and pleasant memories.

Each of their resort has its own charm, though I still name my favourites Tanjong Jara and Gaya Island.

A triumph card in GIR is its surrounding beaches; where unlike Tanjong Jara and Pangkor Laut Resort, Gaya Island is surrounded by the most alluring clean and clear waters right at its waterfront, without having to take the boat out.

The Tavajun Bay is breathtaking though it requires a short boat ride from the main resort (say about 5 minutes?).

Spending an afternoon here is most ideal. You might even sight the occasional wild boars.

It is secluded and safe, plus the sand is like a soft bed just made for tanning or lazing.

The water is pristine, magically green and blue.

I generally avoid swimming in the sea as it leaves me all icky but swimming in the ocean here left me invigorated and refreshed.

And of course, if swimming is not your thing, head back to your villa, for there is always this huge bathtub to soak in.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics and Vid) at: REVIEW: My stay in Gaya Island Resort
.
.