Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Webchicken.blog: KotaKinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia


Kota Kinabalu is the capital of the Malaysian state of Sabah on the island of Borneo.

It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, but it also has a grim history.

KK was leveled during the second world war but nowadays it is one of the most developing cities in Malaysia.

It was occupied but the Japanese and been influenced by the English for many decades.

Quite an interesting history.

I arrived at the Tanjung Aru Resort.

The weather is hot and humid, but you do get the occasional twenty minutes of heavy rain showers every day during lunch hours.

Thus it dries up almost instantly.

The resort has a golf course, and some small beaches at the front, but they are full of crabs.

The swimming pool area is OK.

However, I did not travel this far to spend time at something which I have got back home.

I want to discover the world-renowned beaches, snorkeling with the sea life and explore the corals, not to mention, my orange friends – the orangutangs.

It is possible to hire a boat, but I suggest with a guide. The beaches on the nearby islands are marvelous.

I highly recommend “Police beach,” which is truly spectacular.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Webchicken.blog: Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia
.
.