Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome to Kiram’s Village, Kundasang


From Kinabalu blog:

Forget about Sutera Sanctuary Lodges Kinabalu Park accommodations. They are expensive and not worth staying in. Can you imagine staying in bunk beds Grace Hostel will cost you RM120 per person, per night?

With RM120 you can stay in Kinabalu Pine Resort, Winner of 2005/06 Malaysian Tourism Awards - Excellence in Hotel Services (2 Star) standard room with breakfast and have your own veranda facing the Majestic Kinabalu.

Personally, I have been shying away from staying in Kinabalu Park for the last 2 years, as they were cutting my throat with their prices.

Enough with the bashing. I am would like to introduce you to Kiram’s Village, Mesilou, Kundasang. Situated just before the entrance of Mount Kinabalu Golf Club, Kundasang, this group of chalets are owned by one of my high school super senior, Jamalul Kiram.

Continue reading (incl. pics) at: Welcome to Kiram’s Village, Kundasang
.

1 comment:

Ju_B said...

Hi there,

I'd like to just confirm that Kiram's village is like a spot of heaven in Sabah!! After an overnight bus from Danum Valley my boyfriend and I were picked up (at 3am) by Kiram and driven to his accommodation, even in the middle of the night we were amazed by the beauty of the place and by the friendship and kindness of Kiram! We only had one night sleep there, (or half a night) before departing for Mt Kinabalu via the Mesilau track - amazing! - but we hope to come back to this amazing place.. I could have stayed for a week, a month, for ever. Go and visit Kiram! x