Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Borneo


Borneo is the third largest island in the world, its territory apportioned unevenly between the countries of Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.

A tropical paradise with unspoilt, endless white sandy beaches, the oldest and most bio-diverse rainforest on Earth, and an abundance of natural wonders.

On February 26th  I continued my journey from a longer overstay in Kuala Lumpur, due to an infection in my body and an unnecessary waiting for an Indian Visa acceptance.

I  started my trip in the south state of Sarawak in the city of Kuching (the cat city).

On the airport I’ve got to meet my new friend Tone (I have been writing about this in an earlier blog) and from that day on we were traveling together for more or less 6 weeks.

We were staying at one of the nicest hostels I have been staying at in Malaysia – The Singgahsana Lodge.

The living and accommodation is usually very simple, not to be compared with Thailand or Bali where tourists are treated like little princes and princesses.

The atmosphere in the Lodge was lovely and the people who worked there very warmhearted and helpful.

In general we made positive experiences with the people in Sarawak.

One day we went to the night market, a little bit outside of the city center and as we wanted to come back we couldn’t really find a taxi.

So after a few minutes there was  a younger guy getting into his car next to us and he offered as a ride back in to the city.

It was so nice of him and we had a very interesting chat.

He also explained us that there are not much taxis in Sarawak, as the government just gives a certain amount of taxi licenses every year.

One of his main duty in life is going to work so that his family gets enough money to live…

For me as an Ape and Nature-lover, Borneo is a fabulous place.

One of my dreams came true and I went to observe the Orang Utans!

They are unbelievable loving creatures and so close to us as human beings.

Please help protecting them and their environment from deforestation!

Continue reading (Incl. Pics & Vid) at: Borneo
.
.