Thursday, November 26, 2015

How about a Fun Staycation at DORSETT GRAND LABUAN?


In the recent media trip to Labuan, I was excited at the prospect of staying in Dorsett Grand Labuan. I have heard so much about the Dorsett Hospitality and there are only two Dorsett Grands in Malaysia and I was going to stay in one of them!

Dorsett Grand Labuan is the only 5-star hotel in Labuan and that’s quite a distinction. Awarded the “Best Business Hotel Brand Malaysia 2014” and “Luxury Business Hotel 2014”, Dorsett Grand Labuan is the only upscale international chain hotel in Labuan which caters to both international business and leisure travellers.

Dorsett Grand Labuan is ideally located in the uptown business district and directly opposite the Financial Centre. I was surprised the ride from the airport took only about 10 minutes until I discovered the hotel is only 5km away from the Labuan Airport which makes it easily accessible for travellers.  I had expected the ride to be longer but before we knew it, the van had pulled up the sloped road to the main entrance of the hotel!

Upon arrival at Dorsett Grand Labuan, we were treated to a grand welcome – the hotel team gathered at the lobby and sang us a welcome song! Wow… I must say I was so touched by this warm gesture. That’s only the beginning of my experience with this group of warm friendly people.

Throughout my stay in Dorsett Grand Labuan, I encountered top-notch service and friendliness from the crew. When I met their General Manager, Susan Carlos, I realised their culture of being caring and having that connecting bond with guests was inspired from the leadership. The warm interaction among themselves and with guests was obvious and I personally experienced that with Susan and her team.

Dorsett Grand Labuan houses 178 well-appointed luxurious rooms with 1 Royal Suite, 10 Premier Suites, 44 Executive Rooms and 123 Deluxe Rooms.

My Executive Room had a lovely view of the serene South China Sea with the colours of the sky and sea changing when dusk fell. I was also chuffed to note that there was a dedicated iHome in my room which comprised a radio, clock and iPod/iPhone dock. This is available in the Executive Rooms, Premier Suite and Royal Suite – something which is truly appreciated especially among guests who are tech-savvy.

As befits a 5-star hotel, all rooms are complete with amenities such as 32-inch LCD TV with satellite channels, coffee and tea-making facilities, direct IDD phone with voicemail box,individually-controlled air conditioning, private electronic safe box and more.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: How about a Fun Staycation at DORSETT GRAND LABUAN?
.
.