MARUDI: The Baram Regatta, which was last held in 2014, will tentatively be held on Aug 25-27.
Assistant Minister for Local Government Datuk Dr Penguang Manggil confirmed the return of the historic regatta during his Chinese New Year visits to community leaders and friends here on Sunday.
“We had called for a meeting on this Baram Regatta event last week as promised. We have lined-up the committee for Baram Regatta events, which will be successfully held,” he said.
He also highlighted several development projects here.
“We have the budget for implementing the waterfront at a cost of RM23 million, RM7 million for the retaining wall and another RM3 million for the renovation of Fort Hose, and these will be implemented within a few years or very soon,” he said.
He said another RM11 million has been budgeted for a mini-estate just behind the mini stadium here.
Continue reading (Incl. Pic) at: Baram Regatta set to return in August.