Monday, June 19, 2017

AngeeTheDiva: 5 Things I Did in Kota Kinabalu


Kota Kinabalu…what can I say? 

It is quite an interesting place…

It reminds me a lot of Honolulu, just a lot smaller. 

It is a city with traffic and trash and all that, but there are hoards of tourists and it has that laid back vacation all the time feeling.

Honestly, I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either. 

I was there for a quick trip, so I missed a lot, but, I’m happy to share 5 Things I Did in Kota Kinabalu.


1. Mari Mari Cultural Village.

Sabah is home to more than 40 different tribes, all with different language, culture, and history. 

At the Mari Mari Cultural Village, you get to experience 5 of the largest tribes. 

The village features traditional houses, food, crafts, costumes, and dance of each tribe. 

You walk around the village with a guide who explains a bit about each tribe and answers questions. 

You also get to taste something in each place, like raw honey, rice wine, and some sweet treats.

At the end of the tour, there’s a dance performance and a buffet style lunch. 

It’s definitely a must see if you visit Kota Kinabalu. 

The village is about 45 minutes from the city center, so you will need your own transportation or book with a tour company.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: AngeeTheDiva: 5 Things I Did in Kota Kinabalu
.
.