Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tourist attraction spots in Sandakan are gaining momentum


SANDAKAN: President of the Tour Operators Kinabatangan Corridor of Life Association (KiTA), Alexander Yee said that the tourists’ situation in most tourist attraction spots are gaining momentum following the arrival of foreign tourists into the state, especially in the Kinabatangan area and the situation has return back to normal.

According to him, tourists are confident with the level of security following the intrusion incident at Lahad Datu earlier this year.

KiTA, he said, on the other hand is helping the government to convince the tourists and cooperating with the overseas travel agents to distribute video about the state security particular in Kinabatangan and Sandakan.

He added that the video recorded various tourist activities such as planting trees, river cleaning and the provision of healthcare to the residents which reflected the situation is safe in the country.

Speaking to reporters after the KiTA meeting with tour operators and government agencies on Saturday, he said the video which was distributed to travel agents abroad is about the security condition of the state.

“We are going to inform the tourists and convince them that Sabah is safe to visit … not to worry,” he said.

Also present at the meeting was the Deputy President of the Sandakan Municipal Council (MPS), Haji Mohd Hamsan Awang Supain.

KiTA was formed four years ago and to date, there are about 16 tour operators in Kinabatangan.

.
.

Labels: , , ,