Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Kudat Coconut Festival 2008 - Coconut Fashion Queen contest


From MySabah.com blog:

This is probably the most interesting fashion show in Sabah. The Coconut Fashion Queen contest is the highlight of Pesta Kelapa (Coconut Festival) celebrated in Kudat annually. The contestants have to dress in outfit and accessories made of coconut materials. I think the contest is solely for fun and laugh, but the contestants were really serious about it.

Actually Coconut Fest is not my main target to visit Kudat. I just timed the trip during the pesta so I had something to do at night, before I moved on to other destination the following day. In fact, there were some delay on the show, so the event ended at 11:30pm.


Continue reading (incl. pics) at: Kudat Coconut Festival 2008 - Coconut Fashion Queen contest

No comments: