Friday, April 10, 2015

Asean International Film Festival and Awards - Kuching International Airport abuzz with arrival of delegates and more stars landing


KUCHING: Kuching International Airport (KIA) was abuzz with excitement as the Malaysian delegates attending the second Asean International Film Festival and Awards (Aiffa) arrived yesterday.

Looks of realisation dawned upon other passengers as they walked out of the arrival hall and saw large banners advertising Aiffa, making them realise that they might have shared a plane with an actor or actress.

The Borneo Post had the opportunity to get a quick word from two of the delegates, Nur Fazura Sharifuddin as well as actor Hafizuddin Fadzil.

“This is not my first time in Kuching, as this is my second time coming to Aiffa, and I am very excited to meet everyone in Kuching and all over Asia. We don’t know if we are nominated yet because the announcement for nominations will be either tonight or tomorrow,” Fazura said when approached.

She also divulged that she had just wrapped up filming ‘Langit Cinta’, which “God willing, would be released in September”.

“Otherwise, I’ve been keeping busy with projects involving business including my clothing line House of Doll,” Fazura added.

Meanwhile, Hafizuddin, who acted in films such as ‘Cinta Kolesterol’ and ‘Duyung’, said that he did not know what to expect of Aiffa this year as it was his first time.

“I know that it will be fun – there are lots of seminars that I hope I will be attending and I’m sure I will learn something from this experience. I’m expecting the unexpected,” he said gleefully.

He also divulged that he was in a new movie ‘Pilot Cafe’ which would be premiering here at the Sarawak Cultural Village soon.

An Aiffa representative said a total of 238 delegates arrived yesterday in stages, and they were treated to a flash mob dance courtesy of volunteers from Angkatan Zaman Mansang (Azam) and Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Unimas).

.
.